Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Backyard


Isn't this just an awesome sight? This is what I see everyday out my back door. I absolutely love living out here. Yes there really is such a thing as "country" in Florida. I didn't believe it either until I came out here. There are horses, cows, donkeys and all sorts of livestock out here. We are quite a distance from traffic and the road in front of the house is dirt and grass.

I think what I like the most about this place is that its peaceful and very much secluded from the normal everyday traffic and craziness. We have our own "Little House on the Prairie" out here. I think it will be hard to go back to my previous way of living now that I have experienced this. I didn't really notice how loud traffic was until I moved out here and then stayed the night with a friend in the city and I hardly got any sleep because it was so noisy.

Every once in a while when I can catch it at just the right time. I will go outside and read by the gazebo and just enjoy the breeze. Sometimes I can't because with living in a place with cows, horses and donkey there can be unfriendly smells and sounds and when a nice breeze comes through at times you get more the what you bargain for.

The heat lightening out here it a sight to see. The open sky reveals so much and speaking of the sky revealing things the stars out here can be absolutely breath taking. Its the only place on Tampa where you can actually see them because there aren't so many lights to fade them out. When the moon is dark and the stars are bright - it's my favorite thing about living here. Hopefully one day I can get a picture of it and display it on here.

Anyway, I was just showing a little bit of what I see everyday. I hope you enjoy it! :)

No comments: